- We will do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ. To reach people no one is reaching, we’ll have to do things no one is doing.
- We are faith-filled, big thinking bet-the-farm risk takers. We’ll never insult God with small thinking or safe living.
- We are all about the capital “C” church! The local church is the hope of the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart.
- We give up things we love for things we love even more. It’s an honor to sacrifice for Christ and His church.
- We will lead the way with irrational generosity. We truly believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We speak life into everyone we meet. We believe one word of encouragement can change the course of someones destiny.
- We laugh hard, loud, and often. Nothing is more fun than serving God with people you love.
- We are spiritual contributors not spiritual consumers. The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
- We always bring our best. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
- We will honor Christ and His church with integrity. If we live with integrity, nothing else matters. If we don’t live with integrity, nothing else matters.
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son, who became flesh to reveal God to man and to become the Savior of the lost world. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven and will return again someday to earth to reign as King.
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer spiritual gifts when they are saved. As Christians we seek to live under His control daily.
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They are equal in power and glory. (Deuteronomy 6:4, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin, and our justification is made sure by Jesus’ literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
About Human Beings
We believe that mankind was created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him but through Adam’s sin inherited a sinful nature and became alienated in that relationship. As a result, man is completely incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through his own effort.
We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the work of Jesus Christ on the cross. We recognize believers’ baptism and communion as Scriptural means of worship in the church.
- Ephesians 1:22-23
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
- 2 Corinthians 11:2
- Acts 14:27
- 1 Timothy 3:1-3
- Matthew 28:19-20
- Acts 2:41-42
- Acts 18:8
- 1 Corinthians 11:23-26